[OM] Re: OM lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: OM lenses
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 07:06:55 -0700
Bernard Frangoulis wrote:

[snip]

> The 24/2.8 is very good on Oly DSLRs. I used it on my E-1 as a "normal" lens
> (48mm) and the results were very fine. I read somewhere (Biofos?) that large
> aperture OM lenses (such as the 21/2) are not so good when mounted on an Oly
> DSLR.

The aperture issue can be tamed simply by stopping down (at least one
stop to F/2.8, better at F/4).  Of course, knowing this, it would be
pointless to try to find the F/2.0 lenses for use on an Oly DSLR, since
you'd be paying through the nose for a capability you'd never use.

Now, on the other hand, F/2.0 OM-mount Zuikos make *fine* lenses on
full-frame DSLRs like the Canon 5D.  I have a buddy who raves about his
Zuiko 21/2.0 on his 5D.

Garth