[OM] Re: OM lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: OM lenses
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 14:25:31 +0100
Quoting Garth Wood (8/11/07):
>If you're trying to go wide, *really* wide, on an Oly DSLR, you need to
>think about buying the new Digital Zuikos designed for the Oly DSLR.
>Sorry, but mounting old OM wides on an Oly DSLR is just not that great
>an idea.

The Zuiko Digital 11-22mm (equivalent to 22-44mm on 35mm) f/2.8-3.5 is a very
good lens (I had one before switching to N*kon), and not too expensive for what
it is (you could probably find one used for $600 or less on ePay?).

The 7-14mm is also reportedly very good, but much more expensive, and much
bigger.

> but the 21/2.0 is simply "okay"
>(and is basically a "normal" FOV lens in the Four-Thirds format).

The 24/2.8 is very good on Oly DSLRs. I used it on my E-1 as a "normal" lens
(48mm) and the results were very fine. I read somewhere (Biofos?) that large
aperture OM lenses (such as the 21/2) are not so good when mounted on an Oly
DSLR.

Bernard