[OM] Re: OT Audis, was New Picture Posted

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Audis, was New Picture Posted
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:55:01 -0600
AG Schnozz wrote:

> I finally got the nerve up to see how fast I could take the
> Interstate cloverleaf.  It was hard to see the speedometer with your
> face plastered against the side window.  But the 25 mph exit easily
> was handled at 70 mph. But it had some horrid drift and you could
> hear the tires a mile off.

I routinely take on- and off-ramps at 65mph in my Impreza, and I can
barely hear the tires chirp from time to time.  Of course, the Impreza
weighs a lot less and has phenomenal AWD.  All I need to do is make sure
I hit the turn-in apex right, and I can zip right through, and acclerate
on the way out.

Of course, I don't do that with the wife in the car.  She's prone to
car-sickness, and the forces generated by that manouevre have been known
to cause some distress....

;-P

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon