[OM] Re: First CF card failure

Subject: [OM] Re: First CF card failure
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:53:56 -0700 (PDT)
Jez wrote:
> We had one broadcast transmitter
> project where the power source was a critical point of failure so
> there were redundant generators and then double redundancy on
> top.  (ie we had 4 generators)  What was omitted from the
> reliability prediction model was the guy who tops up the
> antifreeze - they all failed more or less at
> the same time one very cold night.

Man alive, that sounds almost IDENTICAL to a station in southern
california.  Identical situation except the generators all tapped
from the same fuel-tank.  During a generator test, one never did
shutdown and drained the tank without anybody knowing.  Power fails,
and so did the generators.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com