[OM] Re: First CF card failure

Subject: [OM] Re: First CF card failure
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:54:58 -0600
Andrew Fildes wrote:

[snip]

 > It is
> amazing how well that analysis works for a simple two variable
> situation and how blind we are to the real range of choices,
> especially when there are more than just two variables. Especially
> when we are addicted to change, growth and 'progress.'

Oh, I don't know.  When I went to B-school (twenty years ago already),
we were routinely told that when writing proposals to senior managers,
we always needed to include the options of "do nothing" and "retrench"
in any business analysis.  When actually working out in the field,
especially as a consultant, such analyses tended to surprise older
managers, but were usually quite appreciated by the younger ones,
especially if trenchant reasons were put forward for either of those
options.

Garth