[OM] Re: Free Raw converter

Subject: [OM] Re: Free Raw converter
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:35:28 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Thanks, it's now on my B&H wishlist.
In keeping with my marine theme, you're whelks.
> My brother-in-law is about to return to Vietnam for a 10 day tour with
> his war-time buddies.  We've outfitted him with a duplicate Canyon point
> and shoot from KEH to go with the first one from KEH in case the first
> should fail.
I'd be going with an Oly like the 770 SW or an earlier model. The A710
did get a bit wet in Maine without ill effect.
> He has also been advised to keep the inactive camera in a
> sealable plastic bag at all times and to keep the working one in a
> sealed plastic bag when entering and exiting air conditioned hotels
> until such time as the camera acclimates to the temperature.

I spent three weeks in Costa Rica, including time in cloud forest and
swamp rain forest. It is just never quite dry and nothing is ever quite
dry in those places.
Double zip lock bags and regularly changed silica gel packets kept OM-1,
2n, 50/1.8, 35-70 and Tokina 80-200 all working and fungus free.

Moose