[OM] Re: Free Raw converter

Subject: [OM] Re: Free Raw converter
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:07:07 -0400
Thanks, it's now on my B&H wishlist.  Reichman's coverage of his Amazon
trip and "what works" makes note of bringing the camera in and out of
air conditioned hotel rooms as a big problem in extremely humid
environments.  But any temperature change that would significantly cool
the camera will certainly draw in moisture.  The Amazon and Antarctica
are just the extremes.

My brother-in-law is about to return to Vietnam for a 10 day tour with
his war-time buddies.  We've outfitted him with a duplicate Canyon point
and shoot from KEH to go with the first one from KEH in case the first
should fail.  He has also been advised to keep the inactive camera in a
sealable plastic bag at all times and to keep the working one in a
sealed plastic bag when entering and exiting air conditioned hotels
until such time as the camera acclimates to the temperature.

He picked up a nice Mamiya while in 'nam but never learned to use it.
But he does know how to use the P&S now so I'm hoping at least one
camera survives along with some good shots.

Chuck Norcutt