[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: Doug <doug9345@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:12:33 -0400
On Sunday, October 21, 2007 19:12, Sandy Harris wrote:
> On 10/22/07, Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Then what is the advantage of a small sensor ?
>
> One is manufacturing cost. Large chips are far harder and more
> expensive to make.

That is an advantage to the manufacturer but if that doesn't translate into my
paying less money at the camera store why should it cause me to buy a camera
based on that spec?

As an example if I buy a two door speck for a car it had better be cheaper or
more fuel efficient or both. If it isn't then unless I'm parking size limited
I'm not going to buy it.

The main advantage I see right know is the gain in lense size at the telephoto
end.

-Doug