[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:40:52 -0700
Most folks clearly want zooms. The Leica 25 f1.4 is probably one of the
last primes I personally would want. At 510 grams the thing is, frankly,
a pig! I suppose if you really need the f1.4 speed it is a great lens,
but most folks have zooms that weight less! Even my Nikon mount Tokina
16-50 f/2.8 is only 100 grams heavier! The Sigma 24 f/1.8 and 30 f/1.4
don't win any light weight awards either. One of the advantages of
primes over zooms was less weight, certainly not the case here!