[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 14:25:09 -0700 (PDT)
> But it doesn't change the fact that it weighs 810g... the same as
> my Canyon 5D.

That means the E-3 is either overweight or the Canyon 5D is
underbuilt. But the 5D doesn't have sensor-based IS, weather-sealing
or a flip monitor.

The fact is, the bulk of the camera these days is in the electronics.
That E-3 is STUFFED to the gills.  The sensor is only ONE componant
inside a camera.

Weight/size savings are in the entire system, not necessarily in just
one piece of the system. My 14-54 is much smaller and lighter than a
Canon equivelent on a FF 35mm. How about the 50-200 zoom?  There are
lots of aspects of the Olympus which really do add up to major
savings.  Yes, I'd like the camera to be a touch lighter, but I'm not
overally disappointed because any pro camera of this level is
essentially the same.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com