[OM] Whats Up, E-3 specs, doo dah, doo dah

Subject: [OM] Whats Up, E-3 specs, doo dah, doo dah
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:44:48 EDT
This thing is just about beat to death and I doubt anyone has had a major
shift in their thinking, so guess it is about time for me to put my 2 cents
worth of bandwidth on the list.  Maybe folks are just getting warmed up for
the
political season . . . honing their skills.  Hope not.

It is about the images, isn't it.   Hmm, I did say images, with  an "s,"
rather than image without the "s".

If the tool isn't exactly what I would have created had I been temporarily
anointed King of the World, I really don't care.  If I was looking for the
bigger and better deal with each change of the moon, I'd probably be using a
Can*n or Nik*n camera, rather than keeping an eye out for a Semi-Olympus or
another piece or two of darkroom equipment.

So, anybody creating any images?  In addition to my real insurance  job,
teaching a basic photo class and taking a digital class, I've found myself
creating images this week. Scanned some images recently made using an XA which
is
new to me.  Shot some OM stuff, did a little e-1 capture, created some  lith
like prints from e-1 files, printed some 16X20 stuff from the scanned  35mm
negatives and so on.  Even had time to complete my taxes for 2006  and pack a
few
items for our move to an apartment while a new home is being  built.

I think the e-3 will keep me moving ahead with technology, even if not the
biggest and best and cutting edge (although some might be).  I'll be  ordering
up an e-3 in the next couple or three months.  Probably will get  the 2X and
will likely swap out for the new 50-200mm.  It will probably get  me to 20 X 30
and if I need anything bigger than that, I'll likely just shoot it  on 4X5
and scan it.  Any of the ship jumpers going that big with their  Can*n and
Nik*n
files?  How about with their e-1 files.  I've seen  them and haven't done
any.

Most of my gear gets used from time to time to create images and none of it
is going to get dumped in mass because of my disappointment with what the big
O  did or didn't do.  Hey, I'm just going to keep my head down and keeping
shooting.

<{B^)  Bill Barber