[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 22:08:25 -0400
I already addressed the point of system weight and the 14-54.  I said:
They should have except it didn't come out that way due to the speed.
Take the ZD 14-54/2.8-3.5 which weighs 435g.  The nearest equivalent I
can find for Canon full frame is the 28-105/3.5-4.5 which weighs only
372g.  It weighs about 15% less but is also 2/3 stop slower.  The ZD
14-45/3.5-5.6 might be a better comparison at 285g.  But it probably has
a lot more plastic and is slower still at the (shorter) long end.  In
any case, I don't think Oly is delivering on a quality, lightweight system.

Chuck Norcutt