[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: "Sandy Harris" <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:54:01 -0700
On 10/20/07, Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know enough about sensors and electronics to really have any
> idea if there is any advantage (size & weight wise) to the 4/3 sensor,
>
> for me, one of the initial attractions of the 4/3 system was the claims
> by Olympus that the system would be smaller and lighter than competing
> systems, a claim I don't think the 4/3 system has lived up to.

Me neither. I'm considering a DSLR, want in-body IS and a price I can
manage. So E-510 vs Pentax K10D. Olympus certainly has some nice
zooms; 7-14, 12-60 and (eventually) 14-35 tempt me greatly. But Pentax
seems way ahead on primes, especially the tiny 21/3.2 and the 70 mm L.
Slow, but really compact and reportedly very sharp.