[OM] Re: Huge print + E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Huge print + E-500
From: "Frank Wijsmuller" <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:44:31 +0200
I understand Chucks concern, and he might have a point.

However adjusting the tripod height will make things worse. What you are
about to make is actually a panorama, and imagine what happens if you make
the left picture, walk several say 100 meters and make the middle picture,
and then again 100 meters for the right picture. But what you want is
'emulate' a single camara shot, which will succeed best if you take the
pictures from the same spot. Actually, for optimal stitching the camera
needs to turn around the 'nodal' point (somewhere inside the lens), instead
of the tripod screw (but with some luck you won't notice it too much).

Regards, Frank.