[OM] Re: I created a monster...

Subject: [OM] Re: I created a monster...
From: Doug <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:47:19 -0400
On Wednesday, August 22, 2007 11:58, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I left my last "techie" employment about 3 years ago and apprenticed
> myself to a pro photographer to learn what I could.  A year or so after
> the fact I happened to run into a fellow manager from my previous place
> of employement.  He asked what I was doing and I told him I was turning
> myself into a photographer.  He expressed great surprise and said
> something like:  "I'm surprised you would do that.  I would think now
> that almost everyone has a digital camera there wouldn't be much more
> need for photographers."
>
> Not an artist but, otherwise, a very intelligent and thoughtful guy.  :-)

I'll relate a story I either read or heard. It could be an urban legend for
all I know, but I think it covers the subject well.

A photographer was attending some kind of dinner party when the subject turned
to his photographs. The host made the comment that he took very nice pictures
and that he must have a very good camera. He said thank you and let it go. At
the end of the night the Host asked him if he had enjoyed the meal. He
replied that he had, that it was very good and that the host must have some
very nice pots and pans to cook such a nice meal.