[OM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed

Subject: [OM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control an...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 03:07:30 -0700
iwert bernakiewicz wrote:
> <big snip>
>
> It is all about the fact to find a balance, and to be able to forget
> about the instruments.

Now you are getting down to it. I might have used different words, like
perhaps 'transparent' or 'intuitive'. One big example for me is SLR
viewfinders. I notice differences when I look for them, but when I look
to take a picture, the viewfinder disappears, and all I see is the
potential image. Until the tool is like using one's own hands/senses, it
isn't used to it's full potential.
> Trouble with new instruments is that they have to be "learned".
> Advantage is that you might be surprised, and find a new instrument.

That's how I often feel about PS and the 5D. They let me do things I
couldn't do before, as well as make things I could do before easier.
> Instruments have to be trusted, as good old friends, and in ample
> supply. (yes I have stocked up on these markers).
>
> So, the brush, ..., etc, do matter, but to matter they also have to be
> USED, and that's something I have my doubts about reading some reviews
> and forums.

We all have different "end uses".  For some, it's the end product, for
some, some part of the process.
> Iwert.
>
> ps: the japan series are around here:
>
> http://zuiko.fotopic.net/p11508729.html
>
> all on japanese paper with "Pentel super fine point permanent MF 50 Japan"

Very nice, and reminiscent of the past for me. When I went to Japan in
1960, the assistant group leader spent lots of his time doing ink
drawings with a drafting pen. Much more trouble to use than your
Pentels. I enjoyed and was amazed by watching him work.

Moose