[OM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed

Subject: [OM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control an...
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 22:14:23 +1000
iwert bernakiewicz wrote:
> About materials to work with... well we architects aren't artists, but
> come close in some domains, and some are really artists. Just to come
> to the point, instruments DO matter.

Perhaps naively, ignorantly, and certainly without any real
understanding or searching for definition, some architecture for me has
always felt like the supreme expression of "art" (even if the results
aren't always so supreme) - it's an "art" that is not only, by
necessity, an expression of some emotional or philosophical aspects or
need of humanity, but most importantly (for me, in its best expression)
is that first priority that often pervades everything else its "art" may
represent, is that the "art" has to be occupied. I never wanted to be an
architect, but I marvel at some of its results.

Anyway, even if I'm totally wrong about what "art" is, I don't really
care to be right. ;-)

> ps: the japan series are around here:
>
> http://zuiko.fotopic.net/p11508729.html
>
> all on japanese paper with "Pentel super fine point permanent MF 50
 > Japan"

It's all too black and "permanent" for me. Give me a lighter, softer
pencil, that only brushes the sheet soft enough to hint at a mark but
light enough for all my errors to be erased, and I might be happy to
try. :-) (just my odd way of saying "I wish I had your skill").

Cheers,
Marc (who likes to write in green pen, but doesn't know why)
Sydney, Oz