[OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control a

Subject: [OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control an...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 01:52:43 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> You are probably correct here but I would also guess that the importance
> of high flash sync speed can be minimized with the incredible control
> the fashion photogs have over the light.
Look in a fashion mag. Think wind and fans, blowing hair and sheer
fabric, twirls, heads thrown back, and so on. And camera not uncommonly
hand held and moving.
> It just takes a sunny beach
> with 20 assistants putting up diffuser tents, awnings and reflectors of
> various and sundry types.  But higher flash sync speed is always better
> than lower flash sync speed and if money is no object...

Sure, except where the above techniques are used.
> Eventually, we may see DSLR's with electronic shutter control like the
> Mynolta A1 which uses both mechanical and electronic shutters.  I don't
> know how they work together but the Mynolta basically has unlimited
> flash sync speed.  I've never tested it beyond 1/1000 but it certainly
> works up to that speed.
Tiny sensor, lens and shutter(s), compared to 645. Size, weight, inertia
are way bigger;

Moose