[OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control a

Subject: [OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control an...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 01:39:20 -0700
Chris Crawford wrote:
> Moose,
>
> The Hasselblad H2 has a focal plane shutter, as did the Contax 645 and the
> still current Mamiya 645 AF-D. The old 6x6 hasselblads had leaf shutters but
> the one Fuji makes that is so popular for fashion is a 645 camera.
OK, you made me look it up. From the description of the H2's features,
the second and third points, after sensor size:

"The integral lens shutters in H System lenses allow flash sync down to
1/800 second and provide silent and vibration-free operation"

"These larger sensors hold more and larger pixels, which ensures the
highest possible image quality and moire free color rendering without
gradation break-ups - in even the most subtly lit surfaces and with low
noise in shadow areas"

Sounds to me like the two points I made, with the addition of lack of
mirror slap and shutter crash.

I have no idea about the Fujis you mention. I was specifically replying
Bill's query about the necessity of H's:

Bill Pearce wrote:

> ... I am amazed at the way the Hasselblad digitals have taken hold in fashion
> photography, where one could question the necessity.

Moose