[OM] Re: Lagers - WAS: Picture without a camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Lagers - WAS: Picture without a camera
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 17:26:33 +1000
Indeed - it's too sweet for me. But even Fosters had some flavour,
unlike what is being drunk now. Ice Wine is fine but Ice Beer...?
Mainstream anything is crap and the 'real ale' movement in the UK and
the US microbrew trend has pretty much not happened here. There are
some nice boutique beers around but most swilling venues stock local
tasteless crap on tap and imported tasteless crap from the fridge -
which has to be drunk from the bottle so that everyone can see that
you can afford top pay twice the price for half the beer.
It's not Pils, it's not lager, it's not bitter, it's not ale,  much
of anything at all really.
I once ordered a Newcastle Brown Ale here and it came at 4deg.
They couldn't understand my objection at all.
And why is it that it actually tastes better from a glass than the
bottle. I don't understand that.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx