[OM] Re: Picture without a camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Picture without a camera
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 10:48:52 -0700 (PDT)

    I doubt that there is anything wrong with your palate even at your advanced
age, Andrew...:)  Just surprised to find out that you can find that suff down
under.
  Actually, I think I know the real reason why stuff like that even exists.
About ten years ago, I was invited to a party...they were all business types
constantly talking about the marketplace and at some point, pondering over a
can of Coors light someone exclaimed admirably about the business model the
brewing companies follow.  She went so far, that she wowed to drink only Coors
from that time on.  She was fascinated by the fact that by gradually dilluting
their beer, they were selling more water at the same price.  Cost effective,
that was the buzz word.
  After that her and her friends proceeded to make side by side comparison
tests with Heineken (which is just a notch above Bud Light in my book)  and
even "discovered" that it dozent taste good (duh) and terms such as to
concentrated, strong etc. were used...interesting what dumbing down can do to
you.
  BTW, Bob lives in what I call beer capitol of us.  No good lagers, just ales
and porters, but they rival the fine european beers.  Too bad, his wife is
making him drink wine...:)
  Boris
    From:   Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>    Date:   Thu, 2 Aug 2007
16:37:46 +1000
No, just referring to the tendency for Lagers down here to get    blander and
blander and colder and colder until what seems to be    available is fizzy
diluted, straw-coloured  alcohol with a vague    taste of something but you
can't be quite sure what it is. Perhaps my    aging palate is just too
insensitive to register the very faint trace    of a beer-like characteristic.
Andrew Fildes  afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

and lay it on us.