[OM] Re: Panasonic four-thirds dropping

Subject: [OM] Re: Panasonic four-thirds dropping
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 07:59:49 +1000

> And yet, the E-510 and the pro body to come have IS, so if
> that's where
> you are going, the Leica lens is largely redundant. And the
> pro body is
> to have an articulated LCD...

I dunno how that lens compares with the Zuiko Digital 14-54mm, but it is a
hell of a lot better than my ZD 14-45mm.  I had the opportunity of using one
for a while last weekend (thanks AndrewF !) and doing some direct
comparisons with the ZD on my E-300, the Leica is significantly sharper,
focuses faster and has a much better "feel" (mechanical aspects like zoom
ring).  The IS seemed pretty good giving good results down to 1/8 sec @
50mm.

...Wayne