[OM] Re: OT. retirement

Subject: [OM] Re: OT. retirement
From: "Marc Lawrence" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:26:34 +1000
> Moose wrote:
> Good Work. Keep spreading the sunshine.

Thanks, Moose, most particularly for using my email to bounce
off your delightful reaction to our responses.

Lest it not be obvious in my reply, which you so helpfully
quoted before offering the above, "It seems every 12 months
or so" this rather obvious *joke*-email comes around to me
(and, I'm sure, most reactions here were based on their
identification of it as just such a joke). Likewise, as I
also stated, my humour comes mostly from reminders
of my late father; a button-down Air Force type who retired
and discovered minor rebellion and petty cantankerousness
for a while; for me, a man for whom idolisation was never
going to constructive or even possible, but for whom his
humanisation (flaws and all) became reconciliation and fond
memory

Still, if you've already decided on the above, I'm sure us
folk who so very clearly, I see now, merely read it in
our confused, immature, simpleton brains as "Sticking it to The
Man" rather than us being remotely capable of looking at the
humour in a more complicated fashion, can learn from you the
full consequences and intricacies of the silly slapstick
skits we guffaw and giggle and snort at, and maybe also learn
to spread more appropriate and "sunny" pleasure in future.
Maybe, one day, I can drag my inappropriate laughter and
pointing finger off this couch, and I too can go out and do
good works and spread sunshine.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Marc