[OM] Re: Walt Wayman makes his transition 07/15/07

Subject: [OM] Re: Walt Wayman makes his transition 07/15/07
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 18:36:41 -0700
Hi all,

Having just come back to the list after having been away from it since
February, and then catching the tail end of posts that made it clear
something had gone horribly wrong in the Walt world, and trying over the
last few days to find out what exactly the story was...damn. It appears I
came back a bit too late to send Walt my well wishes.  As a
curmudgeon-in-training, I always looked to Walt for inspiration. Though we
were poles apart on many issues, we did share a love of fine old motorcycles
and good cameras of all kinds. Whatever the position, he stated it with
humor and humanity. He was also a very generous man, when it came to
supporting friends in need. I'll miss him.

I looked back, and the subject line of the last OM list post I'd gotten from
Walt before I signed off in February was "OT probably controversial." I have
to quote it here, because it made me laugh, it was so...Walt.

"Sort of watching the Oscars. Glad Al Gore's film, "An Inconvenient Truth,"
won the best documenatry award. This is something we all need to think more
about. Sorry I'm not doing better. I'll try to do more. I at least recycle
crap."

 I loved his tag line:

"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --
Edward Weston

To paraphrase my dear departed friend Yuri Rubinsky,

"Walt, good luck, Godspeed, and write if you find work."

Rob in Seattle