[OM] Re: Walt Wayman makes his transition 07/15/07

Subject: [OM] Re: Walt Wayman makes his transition 07/15/07
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 20:34:13 -0500
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Walt passed away peacefully this morning.

Damn....

I'm so sorry to see Walt go. Even though I, like many, did not know
him other than through the list, with a group like ours, in which we
are in almost-daily contact through email and the topics range far
and wide, you get a sense of the person at the other end of the cord.

Walt would have been a great guy to go on a shoot with -- even if we
didn't get more than 500 yards from the car (!) -- and to have a
couple of beers with. At least now he and his wife are together
again. I think things are better in Walt's world now.

Thank you, Bill, for continuing to relay the information to us. As
hard as it is for us to hear about it, it must have been harder for
you, being the first on every occasion.

Steve