[OM] Re: Walt Wayman makes his transition 07/15/07

Subject: [OM] Re: Walt Wayman makes his transition 07/15/07
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:54:07 +0100
I honestly can't think of anything to write right now that expresses how
shocked and saddened I am by this news.  We all knew it was serious, and
some even speculated that going into a hospice was fairly "final", but I
had not expected the end to be so soon.  I had even hoped we may still
hear from Walt on this list.

I never met Walt.  Never really conversed directly with him on this list
that often (I lurk more than I write here anyway).  But I felt like I
knew him, as I think many of us did, through his writings here.  His
ability to be curmudgeonly, grumpy, opinionated, and yet still be
lovable and friendly all in the same email is something that few others
here or anywhere else can equal.

It feels like I have lost an old friend, even though I never met him.  I
guess that's just the effect he had on people.

So long, Walt.  You will be sorely missed.

Jon