[OM] Re: Daytona Prototypes racing at Iowa Speedway

Subject: [OM] Re: Daytona Prototypes racing at Iowa Speedway
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 23:28:30 -0700 (PDT)
Chris wrote:
> That sounds like a great deal :-)
> Please would you send me the following file:
> DP-07130706

Thank you Chris.  One down...

The racetrack decided that they wanted to be in the business of
selling photographs, so they've limited access to photographers.
They've even gone so far as to say that "you can't sell those
photographs" right to us.  As you might have noticed, this last batch
of photographs were all taken from the stands.  BTW, the head staff
photographer is the brain-surgeon chimping in the crash-debris zone.

So, I asked the head of media-relations what he needs from us to get
our creds back.  He said that he needs to see that we are actively
selling the photographs.  HUH?  See the Catch-22?

I also asked about stock-agencies?  According to their new "policy"
even photographers for Getty-Images are being declined access!

This racetrack is doing a lot of things right.  But in this
situation, they are off their rockers.  I could go on with a few
other things, but I'll just leave it at that for right now.

I was flat-out told that the only professional photographers they
want there are for the broadcast and print media.  Only those who are
"promoting" either the racing series, or the race-track itself.  The
track wants 100% exclusive on everything else.

They can suck eggs.

AG

FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/