[OM] Re: Walt Update - Please read if you have been following these mess

Subject: [OM] Re: Walt Update - Please read if you have been following these messages
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:23:48 -0700
Paul Braun wrote:

> Sadly, it does sound final.
Not always, and I think less so nowadays. Some places, they have
realized that hospice type of care is just right for some patients, but
without the astronomical cost of full hospitalization. So much warmer
and emotionally supportive.* There they can see if regrouping is on the
agenda or not in a nicer environment.

I continue to wish Walt well in finding his way out of these 'woods' of his.
> Let's hope the tough old coot finds a way to climb out of the valley....

Now wait a minute! Tough, yes, he'd have us believe that, and coot as
well. But I'm not convinced. Crusty on the outside, but soft and warm on
the inside, like a a good loaf of bread not long out of the oven, yeah.

He lost a big piece of his world, his work and the people in it,
planned, expected, but still a tough transition for many. And then,
completely unexpectedly, and with no explanation, he lost his love and
companion. Vehicles, cameras, guns; all cold and dead; fun toys, but
none feed the soul and keep the heart warm.

 From my perspective, without those things worth living for, he lost his
will to live. Even in typed words, you could hear it here on the list.
They have a name for it in terribly abandoned children, failure to
thrive. It can happen to those no longer children, as well.
> Our prayers are still with him.

Oh, yes, indeed. And hope that the weight of our love and prayers and
those of his family and other friends will help change his situation.
But about that 'old' stuff. He's only a couple of years older than I,
and I'm not old!

Moose

* Yes, I know whereof I speak. A brother spent his last days in a
hospice, the end pretty much a foregone conclusion in his case. And my
father, late wife and mother all died in hospitals, A hospice is a MUCH
better place to be. If I never see another hospital room, let alone ER,
ICU, ECU, CICU, it will be soon enough.