[OM] Walt Update - Please read if you have been following these messages

Subject: [OM] Walt Update - Please read if you have been following these messages
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:56:55 EDT
Continue to hold positive thoughts and prayers for Walt and his family as  he
takes this next step. I will get a new address when one is  available.  Until
then, please continue to use his home address.  Bill  Barber

Wednesday night

Things are moving along.  They removed Walt's NG tube today, and are  trying
him on thickened liquids.  He was awake and was able to drink a  little from a
spoon tonight.  Even thought it wasn't the ice water he was  asking for, it
seemed to satisfy him, and I was glad to see him finally get  something to
drink after all these weeks.  He was somewhat lucid, but  not talking too much.

In the next day or so, they will be inserting a  catheter into his abdomen to
drain the fluid when it accumulates.  All  this is in preparation for him to be
moved to hospice care shortly.  There  really isn't anything else they can do
for him medically at this point in the  hospital, so now the goal is to keep
him comfortable for as long as  possible.