[OM] Re: [OT] M8

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] M8
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 22:52:13 -0600

On 7/2/07 9:22 PM, "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Even so, I find it hard to believe $3000 is sensible.
> It is if people are willing to pay it. :-)

There an awful lot of people in the world with a lot of money and little
sense.

I worked in a camera shop in Santa Fe, the world center of "much money,
little sense" and saw it every day. People with no clue how to use them
would come in and drop $10,000 on a D2x and a bunch of lenses they had no
clue how to use so they could show off how wealthy they were. I quit the
store right before the M8 came out, so we actually didn't sell many Leicas
to the money crowd...digital was the in thing, so the Nikon D2x and the
Canon 1DsII sold very well. The store I worked at pushed Nikon a lot more
than Canon so we sold more of the D2x and I only remember one going to
someone who knew what to do with it. He wasn't a pro, just a very good
amateur who was serious about photography and good at it.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com