[OM] Walt Update

Subject: [OM] Walt Update
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 22:50:21 EDT
This week has been a challenging one for our friend Walt Wayman.  He  has
been taken off the ventilator, his vitals have stabilized somewhat, has had
his
body cavities drained of fluid build up and has developed peritonitis.
Although somewhat improved, he is still in the woods.  As of yesterday, he  had
received 14 cards from OM list members from around the world.   Each has been
read to him and he promises to respond to all upon his recover.  For any who
would like to send him a card, his address is:

Walt Wayman
2695 Wendy Lane
Marietta, GA  30062

Bill Barber

What follows is a message from a friend:

Went to see Walt this morning.  He was awake, but the morphine still  has him
confused.  He is in some pain from the peritonitis.  His vital  signs are
stable, and they are giving him oxygen again through a cannula in his  nose.
They are giving him antibiotics for the peritonitis, so I think all  we can do
at
this point is wait to see if they help.

I told him to try to visualize fighting in his mind against the infection
and the problems with his liver, and he said, "Fight, liver, fight!"   :-)

Please keep praying.