[OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got to

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got to
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:41:11 +1000
Heck that's the easy bit. Antipodean Enlightenment (Antien?
Podlight?) - based loosely on the thinking of the Australian physical
materialists David Armstrong and Jack Smart.
We have neither mind nor divine dimension but are purely things of
the physical. Identity is illusionary.
It requires heavy doses of Skepticism, because skeptics have fine
senses of absurdity and tend to meet in places that serve alcohol.
It involves some hedonism because that type of Australian materialism
rejects any sense of telos (purpose) and so it would all be about
having a really, really good time.
Photographers adopting it should set up a splinter sect with an
injection of some classic French existentialism as attempting to find
meaning in an absurd world by photographing it leaves Sysiphus and
his bloody rock in the shade.
Any attempt at prayer or contacting an admittedly non-existent deity
should involve quantities of decent alcohol in order to achieve the
appropriate trance-state (works for Rastas, mon).
This would be the absurd  'rite of self-revelation' - contacting a
divinity that you know is non-existent. After which, you all go out
for another beer.

I feel a book coming on - it all worked for . Ron after all.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx