[OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got to

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got to
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 02:34:14 +0930
On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 10:20:34PM -0300, John Hudson wrote:
> > As I tend to say, when I was an 18yo, everyone I knew wanted to
> > change the world. Now most 18yo's I talk to want to be an accountant.
>
> Why?

Maybe it's because that's where they think the easy money is...

I went to college (TAFE Technical and Further Education) 20 years ago -
with a whole bunch of people just out of school who (it seemed as if
they)  said "Electronics looks good". With a couple of notable
exceptions, they certainly didn't seem to have any aptitude for it.

Just imagine, one can be the Accountant AND the IT Manager & get 6
figures for not having to employ an IT staff. Then, when stuff breaks
down, you can turn to your list of maintenance contracts & dial AAA
Computing, then ABA Computing, the ABC Computing, then BEE Computing,
until you find someone to either fix, or pinpoint the cause of your
problem. this puts your IT costs on the monthly budget instead of the
capital account (applause)!

davidt