[OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got to

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got to
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:39:14 -0400
Indeed. If only I could practice what I preach. <g>  I began to get a
glimmer of a glimpse of a possible hint of the universal absurdity in
the Year of Our Lord 1968, during Army basic training at Ft. Jackson,
South Carolina. As I recall, it was during bayonet drills. I tried to
imagine myself actually sticking another human being with a bayonet
and had to struggle to come up with the image, even though in my
struggles the other fellow was trying to stick me, too. Fortunately,
I never was in a position to have to try to stick someone. But a year
or so later in a bar in Saigon, I met some affable Aussie troops and
we shared a few gallons of beer and the whole Grand Design of
Absurdity began to swim into focus. But only for a second. And
through the years I have backslid repeatedly, thinking that the GDoA
could not be so, and there must be rhyme if not reason. Alas, now I
know it ain't so, and I'm a happier man for it. Like the old Jackson
Browne song says: "I'm going to be a happy idiot . . ."

--Smilin' Bob

PS: My robes are not filthy. My wife wouldn't stand for it. However,
I do go unshaven much of the time.