[OM] Re: How do you carry "Big Bertha"

Subject: [OM] Re: How do you carry "Big Bertha"
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:33:19 -0400
This begins to approach the weight of my old M-14, back in the Army
daze (9.5 lbs, I believe). <g>  Have you tried the infantryman's
carry? Cradle the body in your left hand, and let the lens lie along
your forearm. Hold in tight to your belly and side. You can walk for
miles this way, or you could if you were 19. <wink> Then, when a shot
presents, you merely grab the body with your right hand, slide your
left up the lens, swing into position and blaze, er, click away.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com