[OM] Re: How do you carry "Big Bertha"

Subject: [OM] Re: How do you carry "Big Bertha"
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:06:15 -0400
Nope, no booster pack.  I've never needed one and that would be a double
killer.  The Tokina is 1,350 grams or 0.4 ounces short of 3 pounds.  The
hood and filter (which I hadn't realized was installed) add another 190
grams or 6.7 ounces.  The Kenko 1.5X is a relative flyweight and adds
only another 110 grams or 3.9 ounces.  The body with battery and CF card
is another 898 grams or 31.7 ounces.  The grand total is 2548 grams or
5.6 pounds with the body supplying not much more than 1/3 of the total.

With your suggestion of the belt mounted drop pack I took a look at my
Lowepro lens case for the 80-200 to see if it could serve as a
"holster".  It has lots of straps and loops for attaching and being
attached to but I'm not sure it would work well.  I'll have to think
about this some more.

Chuck Norcutt