[OM] Re: How do you carry "Big Bertha"

Subject: [OM] Re: How do you carry "Big Bertha"
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:41:42 +1000
Did you have the booster pack on the 5D too?
Is the Tokina as heavy as the Canon?
It's a killer isn't it?

There were tripod screw straps - usually for old movie cameras. I've
got a couple including a neck length one but they are old plastic
types given their vintage and I wouldn't trust any to hold that combo.
Probably the best is a belt mounted drop pack, like a big snoot case.
I've got one, a Lowepro all-weather type that will take the length of
a 70-200mm on a 5D with booster/vertical grip. The depth of the body
with the grip is the critical factor as several of this type do not
have a wide enough mouth. Of course you need a second carrier for
other lenses.
Another approach would be a simple loop holster of some kind on your
waist that you could poke the lens through and catch it up on the
tripod mount – but I haven't sen anything like that.
Monopods are useful for prodding stray baboons, in the cafeteria.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx