[OM] Re: Compact flash cards for E500

Subject: [OM] Re: Compact flash cards for E500
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:34:52 -0700
John Hudson wrote:
> I have found that deleting the last image causes the card to start recording
> subsequent images as number 0001 or one greater than the number of an
> earlier image retained on the card. By retaining the last image I maintain
> an unbroken series of image numbers.
>
> The leading alphanumeric character of the image is changeable. The second,
> third and fourth characters comprising the date in mdd format [a,b and c
> representing October, November and December] increment  according to the
> date whereas the last four numeric characters are just a counter based on
> the last four digit number on the card.

Interesting, and a bit odd, I think.

My C and F digis have an option in their settings to either continue
with the numbering from the last used, regardless of whether there are
files on the card or not, or to reset each time a blank card is inserted.

They do not, however, encode any part of the date in the file name in
the camera.

If the images are downloaded with their software, they may be
automatically be put into subdirectories by date and the file names may
include the date, with or without a serial number.

Perhaps some Oly software would provide similar functions?

Moose