[OM] Re: Compact flash cards for E500

Subject: [OM] Re: Compact flash cards for E500
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:35:11 -0300
I have found that deleting the last image causes the card to start recording
subsequent images as number 0001 or one greater than the number of an
earlier image retained on the card. By retaining the last image I maintain
an unbroken series of image numbers.

The leading alphanumeric character of the image is changeable. The second,
third and fourth characters comprising the date in mdd format [a,b and c
representing October, November and December] increment  according to the
date whereas the last four numeric characters are just a counter based on
the last four digit number on the card.

Am I the only E500 / compact flash card user to have noticed this situation?

jh