[OM] Re: Subtle transition to lighting photography, was: Re: E-410 Kit

Subject: [OM] Re: Subtle transition to lighting photography, was: Re: E-410 Kit
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 14:03:32 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Well, I have to admit that I know that last trick too.  I used it on
> lightning shots the other night but the rain forced me inside before I'd
> gotten anything worthwhile.  I guess I'll have to break down and
> actually build that lightning detector thing that Bill Brooks designed
> and I think Scott Gomez built and documented.  I actually bought a
> circuit board but haven't a clue where it is at the moment.  (I can't
> even find screw drivers since the move).  But I'll have to figure out
> how to interface to the 5D instead of my Winder 1.

More than you may need to know is here.
http://www.beskeen.com/projects/dslr_serial/dslr_serial.shtml

I have the ADIDT Chinese made remote described and pictured in the
article. Cheesy construction, but works fine. I picked mine up for $6-8
additional when buying a couple of other things from jinfinance on the
'Bay. You could chop off the cable and connector or simply use the
appropriate miniplug on your lightning detector and plug it into the
socket on the side of the remote switch.

Here's the key piece of info for any of this.
http://www.beskeen.com/projects/dslr_serial/wade-n3.jpg

Moose