[OM] Re: FS: various OM stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: FS: various OM stuff
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:32:42 -0400
For those who might not know, the Sunpak OT-1D modules listed below are
the OM TTL specific adapter feet for the Sunpak 422D flash units.
Slightly less powerful than a T-32 but with a 5 stop manual power range
plus swivel as well as tilt.

Anyhow, The Sunpak 422D equipped with the OT-1D module will do TTL on
your TTL capable OM bodies but is also perfectly usable in the hot shoe
of a 5D, 20D or 30D EOS body even with the OM TTL foot installed.  Of
course, it will only do manual or flash controlled auto on the Canyon
bodies.  Sunpak also sold a STD-1D foot for the 422D which had only a
single contact on the bottom of the shoe and thus no TTL.  It does have
the advantage of having a Sunpak proprietary PC connector on the foot so
it can be fired by PC cable without a PC to hot shoe adapter.  The TTL
capable feet don't have a PC connection.  That's really not much of an
advantage, however, since you'd still need a cold shoe to mount the
flash on a light stand to get it off camera.  When equipped with the
STD-1D foot the 422D is all but indistinguishable from the still
currently available Sunpak 383.

Chuck Norcutt