[OM] Re: Grump OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Grump OT
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 22:01:39 -0500
On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 10:47:06PM -0400, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Personally, I think _cars_ are a big scam, though I've got a cousin
> who swears by her Toyotas. She's got a Camry and a Prius, and I swear
> I don't think I've ever heard her talk about them having to go into
> the shop for anything other than routine service.

Between me and my roommate, we've put 350K miles on 4 Toyota products, and
made exactly two unscheduled trips to the mechanic - and one of those turned
out to be a dirty connector that cost $60 to fix (diagnostics).

I bought my third (he's on his first) at the end of last year, almost on
impulse. I was so happy with my last one that I didn't consider any other
vehicle.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC                   http://www.conmicro.com
http://jmaynard.livejournal.com      http://www.tronguy.net