[OM] Re: Grump OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Grump OT
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 23:47:22 -0400
I can relate, too. From reading the past repair history, my '89 Rolls
finally needed its first caliper rebuild (out of 8 calipers) about 2
years ago. That with front brake pads at $15, rear brake pads at $40,
12" x 1" thick vented rotors only needed a bit of cutting, the job cost
$200! Prices are just getting ridiculous. The '66 Tbird hardtop we've
used every day for 16 years has had the same rotors for 40 years. (Also
12" x 1" vented) The previous owner rebuilt the calipers once. If full
coverage insurance for that car wasn't $65 a year, the Bush/Cheney
orgasmic gas prices would be impossible - (unless my country gave me
health care, too).

Larry