[OM] Grump OT

Subject: [OM] Grump OT
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 20:24:09 -0400
Related to nothing, except possibly Richard's mention of 90+ temps in
New England today--95 F in my neighborhood, I'm currently in an ultra-
grumpy mood because the high temperatures revealed an ongoing attempt
by my Subaru to commit suicide. Apparently the unseasonably cold
temps recently have masked a deteriorating head gasket, which, when I
turned on the A/C today, decided to show itself.

The repair guy says roughly $1500. This is the second late-model
Subaru I've had that needed a new head gasket with fewer than 80,000
miles. Repair guy says it's a design flaw in the engines. I told him
I didn't really care. This will be my last Subaru. One head gasket I
can accept, even though it didn't seem right. Two is enough to send
me into a homicidal snit.

Sigh.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com