[OM] Re: Signing photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Signing photos
From: Richard <richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:47:42 -0700
Unless you scribble all over it using Chinese ink like I do:
http://bp0.blogger.com/_rhts1OkxL14/RZxZQQcR5MI/AAAAAAAAAAs/85-YkI3i45c/s400/point_reyes_v2.jpg

Chinese ink should outlast most pencils...

At 08:38 AM 5/24/2007, Chris Crawford wrote:

>There are rules for signing works of art on paper, which includes
>Photography. The signiture should be done in Pencil only outside the image
>area (in the white border..print on big enough paper to allow this) right
>under the lower right corner of the picture. If you used a type of paper
>that will not work with pencil (eg, Glossy or pearl surfaces) then a
>permananent marker like sharpie is ok. Pencil is preferred because pencil
>will never, ever fade. All inks eventually will, but pencil will outlive any
>photographic print or watercolor painting and will outlast many types of
>drawings too.
>
>The mat is cut a little larger than the image area so that the edges of the
>image show and the signiture shows. I usually leave an extra 1/4 inch around
>the top and sides, and 3/4 to one inch on the bottom to show the signiture.
>A title can be written under the picture on the border under the right
>corner if you wish...the mat cut as I describe will allow the title to show
>as well.

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)