[OM] Re: Signing photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Signing photos
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 17:26:24 -0600
Bill,

The reason I said there are rules is that I have found, as have others I
have known, that if you don't do it that way then curators, dealers, gallery
directors, etc. simply won't take you seriously as a professional artist. We
were told this in art school, and some of my fellow students tried to say
that they didn't need staid old rules, it inhibited their creativity, etc.
Well the conventions for signing don't have a thing to do with your
creativity...the actual art work does. Those who thought they didn't need to
do things the way you're supposed to found that the art world didn't need
them.  Yeah, it shouldn't matter, its silly really. But it does affect your
career if you intend to be a fulltime professional artist.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com