[OM] Re: E410 test shots ISO 1600

Subject: [OM] Re: E410 test shots ISO 1600
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 22:17:53 -0400
I have to remind myself every now and again not to fall into the trap
of expecting digital ISO 1600 to look like film ISO 100. It's an easy
trap. It was long ago, but I do remember how grainy Tri-X at 400 was
out of my old darkroom.

Interestingly, Genuine Fractals in its Release 5 has included a
slider to emulate film grain. I haven't played with it yet, but I
wonder if a little CS3 magic and some simulated grain would take the
bite out of high ISO noise?

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com