[OM] Re: E410 test shots ISO 1600

Subject: [OM] Re: E410 test shots ISO 1600
From: marc simon <marc.simon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:22:11 +0200
Hi Bob,

Bob Whitmire a écrit :
> Thanx for the real-world view. When viewed full size, you can see the
> high-ISO noise in a way not apparent in the review. Not bad for Oly
> at 1600, and I suspect better than the E-1 could hope to be at that
> speed.

it's definitely better on the noise aspect, I've pictures at 800 Iso of
both camera and the E-410 is really better.
> Not exactly on the subject of noise, but I'm curious about the green
> wristband the smoking woman is wearing. To my tired old eyes, it
> appears to say "shrimp" in a flowing script, but I'm very sure that's
> not it. <g>

of course not, it's a part of "Sportpaleislounge", but upside down...
but not too far of a "sea product" as it was in Antwerpen, the greatest
Belgian harbor...:)
regards
marc
bois-de-villers belgium
> --Bob Whitmire
> www.bobwhitmire.com
>

> On May 16, 2007, at 9:16 AM, marc simon wrote:
>

>> hi Bob,
>> I've just received a printed images from  picture I made recently
>> with
>> a E-410  (not yet  a production  one  as they  are not yet
>> available in
>> Belgium) and for me it's really a good result for such a sensitivity,
>> and a "so little sensor" :)
>> Picture was made with the low light of a reception lounge: 1600 iso
>> 1/20th and F/2.9 with the 50~200 at 108mm.
>> I've uploaded the pictures at:
>> http://gallery120749.fotopic.net/c1280636.html
>> same picture, straight from the camera and second one with a little
>> bit
>> of curves in Photoshop and some noise reduction with NeatImage. that's
>> this one I've made printed at 20x30 cm and for me this printed  image
>> is  promising.
>> regards
>> marc
>> bois-de-villers, belgium
>>
>> Bob Whitmire a écrit :
>>
>>> It's very difficult to believe ISO 1600 is as clean as it looks in
>>> these shots. I hope some of our uber-tech gearheads can explain to me
>>> why what appears to be so clean actually isn't. Yeah, I zoomed and
>>> looked at the grill cover, and 1600 shows a good bit more noise than
>>> 100, but my guess still is that if I bought one of these camera and
>>> printed up an 11x14 shot at ISO 1600 I'd be more than a little bit