[OM] Re: Point and shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: Point and shoot
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 10:28:56 -0500
On Sat, 12 May 2007 15:07:04 -0700 (PDT), AG Schnozz wrote:

>I can think of one P&S which we all hail as a marvel of engineering
>and usefullness--the Olympus XA.

I recently replaced my pocket p&s and picked up one of the new Olympus 770SW.
Size of an iPod, 7 megapixel, waterproof and shock proof (I tested by dropping
in the shallow end of the pool and
then taking underwater pix), and image stabilization. It'll never replace my
E-1 of beloved OMs for serious work, but its a great candidate for your "carry
everywhere"  or "shoot where they don't really
like people shooting" camera.

--
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company