[OM] Re: why not - DIY printing

Subject: [OM] Re: why not - DIY printing
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 10:50:22 -0400
AG,

First off sorry for picking up a old thread.

What do you think of the likely future introduction of a 17" wide HP
Designjet with on demand profiling built in? Perhaps it is not a solution
for you or my portrait volume work which I would agree is still best
outsourced. But would it be an option for the fine arts side of your trade?
The Z series Designjet range is the future of high end inkjets in my
opinion.

I don't know how much this beast will run when it does appear. I wish there
was more info about it out there as it played into my decision to get a mid
sized printer this week. I finally went with the Canon pro9000 as it appears
to have less issues with only occasional use. Right now I don't know how
much I will be putting through it and the pigment vs. dye ink argument was
close enough to my eyes that machine reliability was paramount.

Cameta had the pro9000 at under $400 via Amazon. I tried to buy locally at a
Staples store hoping that their price match would save me the shipping time.
Turns out their policy is not as good as it appears, local store managers
can decide on what and if they will match the price :( .

Dan S.